You must agree to the terms and conditions of the event. We also need to ensure we have up to date contact details for you in the case of an emergency. It is your responsibility to check the information you have supplied is accurate. We are only responsible for registering you in accordance with the information you provide.
During the online registration process you will be able to choose a time slot. This time cannot be given or swapped with other participants. We urge groups of people wishing to abseil together to sign up at the same time in order to book into the same or similar time slots. Please note that we are unable to change your time allocation once it has been issued.
By registering you are agreeing to pay the N&N Hospitals Charity the registration fee of £40.00 to secure your place and the minimum age is 16 years old.
Withdrawals and transfers
Your registration fee is non-refundable.
If for any reason you choose to withdraw from the event, we ask that you advise us as soon as possible, to allow for another participant to enter in your place.
Your place may be transferred to another participant for a £10.00 administration fee. Your request to transfer the place must be provided at the time of the withdrawal notice being received.
You will receive one attempt to abseil at your allocated time. We will not be able to issue a refund or reschedule you to another time. If you arrive on the day and decide to drop out before completing the abseil, please report to an official to prevent delays.
Due to health and safety reasons on the day, the event may have to be reduced or altered to accommodate unexpected complications (for example, high winds).
If the event is cancelled, due to weather or COVID-19 restrictions, or other factors beyond our control, your registration fee will be automatically deferred to the revised date.
All participants must be aged over 15 years by the 30 July 2022. Anyone aged under 18 years must be accompanied throughout the event by a parent or legal guardian. This includes while receiving kit and training provided.
The parent or legal guardian on those aged under 18 years must complete the consent section of the registration form and the ‘Consent and Medical Form’ provided nearer the event day. Proof of age will be required on the day.
The event at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a fundraising challenge event. By accepting a place to abseil for N&N Hospitals Charity:
- You undertake to raise £150 in sponsorship (excluding Gift Aid and the registration fee).
- You agree to pay all sponsorship monies and donations received for the event to N&N Hospitals Charity within a reasonable time.
- You agree to comply with any instructions or guidance relating to fundraising and be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with raising monies or sponsorship.
- You agree to N&N Hospitals Charity contacting you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
- You agree to encourage donors and/or sponsors to make Gift Aid declarations where eligible, which may enable N&N Hospitals Charity to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about Gift Aid can be found on: www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid
Health and fitness
You should satisfy yourself that you are in good health and physically able to participate in the event. You do need a reasonable level of mobility, example being able to walk quickly up a flight of stairs, jump a foot off the ground and climb over an obstacle unaided. You should consult your doctor prior to the event if you have any concerns.
N&N Hospitals Charity will be required to share your contact information with Dave Talbot Limited in order for you to complete their Medical and Consent Form in advance of the event. This may be subject to review by Dave Talbot Ltd who reserves the right to decline an individual’s participation if they are deemed unsuitable for the activity, and their decision will be final.
This event has a maximum weight restriction of 18 stone, and due to roof access restrictions this event is unfortunately not accessible for wheelchair users.
Participants and spectators will agree to comply with any COVID-19 restrictions and precautions on site at the date of the event such as:
- Plastic gloves will be provided to wear underneath your abseil gloves, and hand sanitiser will be provided.
- All safety helmets will be cleaned after individual use.
- Masks may be required to be worn by participants and spectators whilst on the hospital site along with respecting safe distance from others.
Clothing and personal items
You are advised to wear appropriate warm clothing, fancy dress is permitted, but please check with the organisers if unsure as the outfit you plan to wear must not obstruct the abseil harness or ropes.
Footwear must be secured, we suggest trainers or walking boots.
No heels, flip flops or sandals permitted.
Jewellery is not to be worn and long hair should be tied back.
There are no changing facilities at N&N Hospitals Charity accepts no responsibility for damage to loss of personal property brought to the event. We will be able to store a small amount of personal belongings at the owner’s risk while they abseil, with the exception of battery operated items such as vaping items or phones.
By taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. N&N Hospitals Charity will be working with Dave Talbot Ltd who will be responsible for any abseiling activity including the provision of specialist staff and equipment. Dave Talbot Ltd have provided similar services in the past and are experienced in this activity.
There is no smoking or vaping permitted anywhere on the hospital site.
Use of image
You give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any broadcast, telecast, advertising, promotion or any other account of this event. Photography, or filming of children without first obtaining consent from the legal guardian is strictly prohibited. Dave Talbot Ltd will endeavour to capture photographs of the descent which we will share via social media and supporters are welcome to take pictures on the day of the participants.
Please be aware that by registering you authorise N&N Hospitals Charity to process your personal and sensitive data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of this event.
N&N Hospitals Charity reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or remove from the event any person. This includes, but is not limited to, a person who has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of N& Hospitals Charity:
- Has, or is likely to, adversely affect the event or the safety or enjoyment of other participants and spectators.
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way that provokes a breach of the peace.
- For the safety of others is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Any Individuals who appear to be under the influence of either alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to take part in the event or be a spectator and will be asked to leave the hospital site. Participants or spectators must not drink alcohol or take drugs before or during the event.
I hereby apply to participate in this event. I accept and agree that neither the organisers nor officials, the NHS, the Charity, sponsors or fellow competitors shall be liable in any way, or in any circumstances, for damages or injury that I may suffer during this event.
I understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event (above) and I agree to participate in this event at my own risk.
I agree that I will follow the instructions given.
If during the event you are involved in an incident, please ensure that you pass on all your details to the event director at the time – it is not the responsibility of the event organisers.
I agree to complete a ‘Consent and Medical Form’ that will be provided to me in advance of the event. I consent to N&N Hospitals Charity sharing my contact information with Dave Talbot Limited for this purpose.
Your completion of the online registration process confirms acceptance of these conditions of entry.